• All Courses must be attended in full by the student.
• Planet Nails reserves the right to refuse Training to any student should the student not attend
classes on the times and dates agreed upon or if the student disrupts the class.
• If student changes the agreed upon Training Dates, a $250 penalty per day will be payable by the
student to book new days.
• If student arrives late or not at all, or starts the Training, and cannot attend the Training in full (for
whatever reason), $250 per day must be paid extra to complete the days not attended.
• Training Kits (if any) will only be supplied on the 1st day of training. Training Kits may only be
removed from the Training Venue once the Training has been completed.
• Photos and videos of students and their work done during class hours might be used on the
Planet Nails Facebook page.
PRACTICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR FUNDAMENTALS
• Once a Fundamental Course has been completed, the student must complete practical hours to
qualify for a certificate. The student is required to perform 20 sets of Nails in the Training Course
• A Colour Portfolio must also be compiled of Practical Sets completed on live models, and handed
in on the day of the Exam. The Portfolio should contain the following for each completed set:
Before Photo, After Photo and a short description of performed enhancement.
• Once practical hours are completed, Assessment (Exam) can take place. The purpose of
Assessment is for the student to prove competency towards the Unit Standard that he/she was
Trained towards. A Theory and Practical Exam must be done. The pass rate for all Exams is 80%.
• Exam must be done within 6 months after completion of a single Course. Exam Fees are $60 per
system. If you don’t do your Exams in this time frame, your Exam Fees will increase to $250 per
system. If you don’t do your Exams within 24 months (2 years) after your Course, the Course will
have to be re-done before Exams can be attended.
• To book for your Exam, email email@example.com
• Once the student has completed the Exam and proven to be competent, the educator will
request for the Certificate to be issued. Certificates will be issued within 4 weeks of completion of
Exam and sent to the Exam Venue for collection.
• To attend an Exam, you will be required to hand in a completed Portfolio of Evidence to show
that you completed a minimum of 20 Sets per system as proof of your work.
• Practical Exams can only be done on live models. It is the student’s responsibility to provide a
model for the Practical Exam. The students must bring along their Training Kit or Planet Nails
products to use during the Practical Exam.
• You cannot book for your Exam if you have not completed the required Portfolio.
EXAM – STUDENT MUST BRING
• The student must supply their Colour Portfolio of Evidence with a minimum of 20 Practical Sets
of enhancements completed per system. No POE – No Exam.
• Live model to do Practical Exam on. Training Kit to do Practical Exam with.
• If student books and pays for Exam and does not attend on agreed date (for whatever reason),
the Exam Fees will be forfeited.
• No eating or drinking allowed during Exam (only water).
• Cell Phones must be switched off and put away during Exam (student, model and educator).
• Exam start at 9:30am – be at the venue from 9am to set up.
EXAM – PROVIDED BY TRAINING VENUE
• Tables + Chairs + Foam Rests + Desk Light (if needed) + Roller Towel + Rubbish Bins & Liners.
• Student will be informed of Exam Results within 1 week of Exam Date.
• Certificate of Achievement will be issued within 4 weeks of Exam Date.