Why are online reviews important for your businesses? These days, when consumers are looking for a business to provide a service for them, one of the first things they do is look to the internet for guidance and the majority of our nail clientele turns to social media like facebook. Let’s say that a homeowner has an electrical emergency. That homeowner might grab her phone and search “best sparky near me,” and she’d be met with a whole host of search results of electricians in her area claiming to be the best in the business. So, who is that homeowner going to look to for guidance on which sparky to choose? Other homeowners! She is very likely going to check out reviews from other homeowners who have worked with that electrician in the past to see if they had positive things to say about the experience. According to studies, 57% of consumers agree that seeing positive reviews and praise about a company on social media would influence their opinion of that business, and 40% of consumers say that they have actually chosen a company’s competitor based on their reputation on social media.
What does this mean for you as a business owner? Well, if your competitors have tons of positive reviews on Facebook, but your own Facebook page is lacking in the reviews department, you may be losing appointments to your competition. Never ever underestimate the power of a review. I personally have learned whilst traveling that reviews are your friend when it comes to finding restaurants, hotels and most definitely nail salons.
If you don’t have the review functionality active on your facebook page see the link below on how to set it up: https://www.liveandsocial.com/blog/how-to-star-ratings-reviews-facebook/
How to Check & Respond to Facebook Reviews for Your Business. This is one thing that a lot of business owners forget about: now that you’ve gotten the reviews, you need to respond to them! Whether they’re positive or negative reviews, the best practice is to reply to each one of them individually and preferably soon after they’re posted.
When customers see that you monitor and respond to reviews, they’re more likely to leave a positive review for your services. And, of course, if a customer does leave a negative review, you can take that opportunity to explain the situation, apologize, and resolve the issue.
So, how do you check for new reviews so that you can respond to them in a timely manner?
- Go to your business’s Facebook page in Facebook Business Manager.
- You should now be able to click on Reviews in the left-hand navigation menu.
- Once you click Reviews, you’ll be able to see all of the reviews your business has received on Facebook. You can sort them by Most Helpful, Most Recent, or by Star Rating. For the purpose of checking and responding, click on Most Recent.
- Now, you’ll see your most recent reviews, as well as any comments you may or may not have left on those reviews once they were posted. For any reviews you haven’t responded to, click in the box where it says Write a comment…and type your reply.
How to Get Customers to Leave Reviews for Your Business on Facebook. So, your business’s Facebook page is set up to receive reviews, and you’ve got the Reviews tab showing up on your profile. You’ve responded to all of the reviews you’ve received so far, whether positive or negative. Now, the final question is: how do you get more customers to leave you positive reviews on Facebook?
- Email your customers. Send a message asking them to review their experience with your salon. Be sure to include a link to your company’s Facebook page, and let them know they can just click “Reviews” and write their own testimonial easily from there. You can also add this to your newsletter that you are already emailing to your clients.
- Add a call-to-action to your website.Designing and adding an eye-catching banner to your website inviting customers to review your salon, then linking that banner to your Facebook page, is an easy way to get your customers to provide feedback on their experience with your salon.
- Pay attention to what people are posting on your page. If people are leaving comments (instead of reviews) about their experience with your company, you can reply and thank them for their feedback, then ask them if they could leave the same feedback in the Reviews tab so that future customers can easily reference it.
- When designing your next appointment cards, you can add a phrase encouraging your clients to leave a review on your Facebook page. Print the link address to your Facebook page on the card.
- Make the process as easy as possible. Whether you’re emailing customers directly or asking for their reviews with a call-to-action on your website, the most important thing is to make the process super simple for your customer. Provide the link to your Facebook page, and give clear directions on how to leave a review.
- Say thank you!Be sure to show your customers how grateful you are for their feedback. Remind them that you value them as customers and that their feedback matters a great deal to you.
Please see links below on google review setup and how to leave a review: